Here is the question: Why are children being severely punished for playing with, drawing pictures of, or even imagining toys that bear any resemblance to a firearm even if it is a toy water gun or bubble gun? There is a reason for this action and I would like for Americans to think about the reason our government schools are waging this campaign. There is a poll at the end of the post.
A sampling of what is going on in our government schools is listed below. These are the incidents that made the news or that I took the time to locate. Who knows how many children have been victimized.
- In Pennsylvania a child is suspended after she allegedly said she would shoot her classmate, and then herself, with her pink “Hello Kitty” bubble gun, according to multiple local reports.
- In Baltimore, MD a student is suspended for eating a pop tart. While eating the pop tart he took bites at angles that presumably shaped the tart to look something like a gun.
- In a Talbot County, MD school two 6-year-old boys were suspended for making their fingers appear to be a gun during playtime.
- At the Alice Drive Elementary in Sumter, South Carolina a little girl was expelled for bringing a toy gun to show and tell.
- In Chickasha, OK a five-year old made a hand gesture and said ‘bang’. He, too, was suspended.
- A Long Island high school was placed on lock down for 6 hours in response to a student carrying a toy Nerf gun.
- In Georgia, a five-year-old kindergarten student was suspended on the second day of school for violating White Bluff Elementary’s zero tolerance policy on “violent toys.”
It seems to me, we need to understand why this is happening and what impact it is going to have on children and society in general. What do you think?
- The Next Step in Gun Control: Buybacks of Toy Guns (amresolution.com)
- 7-year-old suspended for turning Pop-Tart into gun (newsfixnow.com)
- 7 Yr Suspended For Shaping Pop Tart Into Gun (sweetness-light.com)
- Schools are getting ridiculous. (whitenewsnow.com)
- Gun madness continues: Baltimore boy suspended for pastry gun (examiner.com)
- Toy Gun Debate (costumesupercenter.com)
- Parents Furious After Young Boys Suspended After Playing With Imaginary Weapon (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Diatribe: A “Gun-Shaped” Pop-Tart Can Get A Boy Suspended. (diatribesandovations.com)
- Student suspended for shaping Pop-Tart into gun – www.ktnv.com (cg68doc.newsvine.com)