Are you feeling stressed due to the many difficulties we face today. Long ago another world leader faced difficult days as well.
King David faced many personal problems that would have, were he living today, placed him on every tabloid cover and every news agency would have had a field day.
Not only did David have great responsibilites as the world leader of his day, he faced difficult personal failings. David is unlike today’s leaders, however, in one important way.
David had an attitude. Not an attitude of personal ambition and greed. David had an attitude of repentance and sorrow over his sin.
Psalm 68:13 But as for me, my prayer is unto you, O Lord.
Psalm 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
I recommend that all who read this post also read Psalm 68.
Recently our pastor asked us to spend at least thirty minutes each Tuesday praying for the United States. I invite all of you to join us. Here are some things we might pray for:
- That an attitude of repentance and sorrow over sin will sweep our nation.
- That we as Americans will turn back to Him in repentance and faith and that we will trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not to our own understanding, but in all our ways acknowledge Him.
- That God will forgive our sinful ways and restore our relationship with Him and help us to be obedient to Him.
- That Americans will realize that:
- Psalm 102: Long ago You, (God) laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
- That the Lord our God will thwart the purposes of evil men.
- That the Lord our God will confuse the speech of the wicked.
- That the Lord our God will cause those who set traps for His people be caught in the trap they set.
- That the Lord our God will bring us to a place of peace and restoration in this country.
- That the Lord our God will give us leaders who seek first and foremost to please Him.
- Only when we humble ourselves and pray, repent, (turn from our wicked ways), and seek His face will He hear from on high and heal our land. 2 Chronicles 7:14