Mike Huckabee spent some time in Israel and his show was televised from there this week. Most interesting were his comments concerning how the uprising in Egypt may affect the nation of Israel.
Should the Muslim Brotherhood, a group known to consider Israel an enemy, end up in power in Egypt it could adversely affect the nation of Israel and most Israelis are keenly aware of this situation. According to what I have heard, one of the written stated goals of The Muslim Brotherhood is to destroy Israel and kill Jews.
Where does our own nation stand at this time?
The United States has long been an ally and friend to the nation of Israel. However, under the presidency of Barack Obama, many feel that our nation isn’t as supportive of Israel as we once were or as supportive as we should be.
Below is a story of a Muslim in America. Glenn Beck brought this story to my attention:
Questions: Who is Tariq Ramadan? Why was his visa revoked in 2004 and why did Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton restore the visa of Tariq Ramadan?
Answers: Tariq Ramadan is the grandson of Hassan al Banna who founded the Muslim Brotherhood. He was a professor at Oxford University. Department of Homeland Security had revoked his work visa on January 28th, 2004 in the interest of national security. One report is that donations to Ramadan ended up being sent to Hamas, a terrorist organization. Here are other possible reasons:
- He has praised the brutal Islamist policies of the Sudanese politician Hassan Al-Turabi. Mr. Turabi in turn called Mr. Ramadan the “future of Islam.”
- Mr. Ramadan was banned from entering France in 1996 on suspicion of having links with an Algerian Islamist who had recently initiated a terrorist campaign in Paris.
- Ahmed Brahim, an Algerian indicted for Al-Qaeda activities, had “routine contacts” with Mr. Ramadan, according to a Spanish judge (Baltasar Garzón) in 1999.
- Djamel Beghal, leader of a group accused of planning to attack the American embassy in Paris, stated in his 2001 trial that he had studied with Mr. Ramadan.
- Along with nearly all Islamists, Mr. Ramadan has denied that there is “any certain proof” that Bin Laden was behind 9/11.
- He publicly refers to the Islamist atrocities of 9/11, Bali, and Madrid as “interventions,” minimizing them to the point of near-endorsement.
Apparently the Obama administration no longer consider Ramadan to be a security threat.
Is the man a threat or could he be? Should his visa have been restored? George Packer listened and was able to question Ramadan at his first personal appearance in America after the visa was restored. Read the article carefully.
What this means for our future?
Since its beginning the tiny nation of Israel has stood against Hamas and other terrorist organizations.
We should continue to support Israel in their fight for the right to survive both as a nation and as a people.
Genesis 12:1-3 Now the LORD had said unto Abram…I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.
While I understand that it is through the life, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus that all families of the earth have been blessed, I also understand that when the Lord God makes a law or declaration, it will stand.
The US will not stand if we turn our support away from the nation of Israel.
If Egypt should accept a leader who opposes Israel, they will not do well.
Please pray that the nation of Egypt will remain an ally of Israel and that in 2012 we will elect a president who will stand with Israel.