I have spent some time trying to determine if this bill, National Defense Authorization Act, will or will not allow American citizens to be detained indefinitely. It isn’t easy to determine because of the legal terms AND the many rewritings. Also, the length of the bill is time-consuming. Here is what I found that seems to make the most sense.
If an American citizen is arrested in the USA on a terrorist or threat to the nation charge, the laws already in place will supersede the National Defense Authorization Law. If an American citizen is arrested on foreign soil, he may be retained indefinitely. The source I use is Lawfare.
This I do know. Americans need to stop fighting Americans. We are in this together. Democrats and Republicans alike are involved in many of these bills that seem to be very damaging to our country and our freedoms. One reason for this is we have full-time law makers who have nothing better to do than sit around and think up new legislation and it isn’t legislation that cuts spending or balances the budget. They usually have one thing in mind when they do this….”Will it help me get re-elected or improve my financial standing?”
Some have a very strong political agenda, but all have their own interests at heart. That is human nature. We need term limits and we MUST take our future out of the hands of career politicians!
- ‘Indefinite Detention’ Bill Heads To Obama’s Desk As White House Drops Veto Threat: Establishment media and neo-cons still pretend NDAA doesn’t apply to American citizens (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Indivisible, liberty, justice for All: War on Terror to take terrifying turn on American citizens (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- “Don’t Be Fooled”: The Indefinite Detention Bill DOES Apply to American Citizens on U.S. Soil (zerohedge.com)
- U.S. Rep. Justin Amash gathering support in fight against the National Defense Authorization Act (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul: Defense Bill Establishes Martial Law In America! (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)