Occasionally a man or woman of great courage steps out on the pages of history. Other times they live quiet lives and only the Lord and a few chosen people know of their courage.
Thomas Sowell is a courageous man who is making history. To speak truth when so many others are not wanting to hear or even willing to hear the truth takes remarkable courage. Thomas Sowell does this week after week.
March 15, 2012, Sowell wrote Racial Quota Fallout. In the editorial he wrote:
Many years ago, I learned of an episode in the life of a promising young black man that is relevant to things happening now. He had been educated at a good school, and went on to receive degrees at good colleges and universities. Then he went for a Ph.D. in mathematics at one of the leading departments in that field.
When he encountered difficulties, his professors essentially wrote his doctoral thesis for him. No doubt they felt good about doing something to help a promising young black man, and perhaps took pride in doing so. But what about his pride?
This young man ended up joining an extremist group that hated white people.
The young man about whom Sowell wrote was Derrick Bell. In the editorial he goes on to tell of what happened as a result of this instance when the standard was lowered to meet a racial quota.
In his wisdom, Dr. Sowell understands that when standards are lowered in this way, all individuals involved as well the institutions are harmed.
I suggest that he takes this road because he is a man of convictions and integrity. As such, he should be held as a role model for our children. They should be taught about this man as well as from his works. Even if society is unwilling to do so at this time, I am confident that those who come after us will recognize the wisdom and courage of Thomas Sowell and he will be remembered as a great teacher, economist, and a man of vision.
- Thomas Sowell on Intellectuals (kylesmithonline.com)
- Dr. Thomas Sowell on Derrick Bell, Critical Race Theory, and the Mentors of Barack Obama (prweb.com)
- Racial Quota Fallout (libertyorequality.wordpress.com)
- Christmas and other Quotes including Thomas Sowell’s Random Thoughts (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Thomas Sowell Wonders Why the Obama Administration Is Trying to Undermine Educational Opportunities for Black Children (danieljmitchell.wordpress.com)
- Thomas Sowell Wonders Why the Obama Administration Is Trying to Undermine Educational Opportunities for Black Children (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Thomas Sowell Supports Newt Gingrich (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Racial Quota Fallout (lewrockwell.com)