Besides providing citizens with an opportunity for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, there are numerous things which are right about the U.S.A.
- *Our government has been self-correcting on major issues such as slavery and civil-rights regardless of the costs.
- Citizens who suffer tragedy, are free to become a blessing to others.The family of Amazing Gracie is one such family.
- We have established ‘The American Indian Heritage Foundation’ to provide relief services to Indian people nationwide.
- We have organizations such as Wounded Warrior Project to help those who have given so much for our nation.
- Our nation has gone to great lengths to stop discrimination against minorities.
- We attempt to protect our children through giving to numerous organizations. One such group is Childhelp.
- Those who wish to come here legally have been welcomed and given opportunity to enjoy all that America has to offer.
- Americans volunteer! There are those who work for nothing to help their fellow-man.
- While wars with other nations have been necessary, we have never claimed land in the nations we fought, but instead have made the world a safer place for others when we are gone.
- In 1881, The American Red Cross was begun in the U.S.A. It has blessed millions around the world.
- When Americans suffer, there as those who help. Bread lines and soup kitchens fed those in the inner cities when our economy went through a slump called The Great Depression.
- Points of Light Foundation is responsible for more than three million volunteers in 30 million hours of volunteer service in a single year.
- Pararescuemen and Combat Rescue Officers put their lives on the line to save others.
- Our electoral process is one of the best in the present-day world.
- While homelessness remains a problem in the U.S.A., there are those who work tirelessly to help the homeless.
- We worship God.
- There are doctors who care for patients who do not have the means to pay for the service such as those at Doctor’s Care in Denver.
- We have Habitat for Humanity and the Fuller Center for Housing to provide housing for those in need.
- We educate our children – public, private, home and on-line.
- Most Americans still respect the Rule of Law.
- While Americans are participating in serving at home, we continue to provide foreign aid to millions around the world.
There are many today who point to what is wrong in the U.S.A. As Americans, we should strive to correct the deficiencies, however, we have much to be pleased about. Please pray that God will bless the U.S.A. and give us leaders who not only love to lead, but also love the people they are leading and love the U.S.A.
* Government = We the people
- Lee Greenwood to release new book (press release) (nashvillegab.com)
- Updated Report Affirms Strength of U.S.-U.A.E. Economic Relationship (prweb.com)