Today is Thursday November 8, 2012. It has taken me this long to process what happened on November 6th. I have reached a conclusion. Something isn’t right, or wasn’t right, about this election.
Consider the following:
- Romney had a slight lead in most major polls going into the election.
- Romney was ahead in the polls in the majority of the swing states. – He only won one.
- Romney was drawing larger crowds than Obama the final weeks of the campaign according to reporters.
- Romney had a positive message and an economic plan. Obama had a failed record and a negative message.
- Romney had generated voter enthusiasm and everyone expected a big turn-out by Romney supporters. Democrat enthusiasm was slightly down.
- Obama was fighting a scandal with the Benghazi cover-up leaking out in spite of efforts by main stream media to keep it quiet.
- Most intellectually honest people agree that Romney did better than Obama in the debates.
- Early voting indicated more Republicans were voting than expected and fewer Democrats.
What then should we make of this upset? Most everyone is accepting Romney’s defeat without question. Personally, I am having trouble believing he lost. We know that Eric Holder’s “injustice” department worked hard suing states that attempted to pass voter ID laws and attempting to stop any state from cleaning up their voter registration lists. It was reported that some in the military were disenfranchised. We know that the Obama team went after uninformed voters. We know that machines in several states were “mis-calibrated”. I believe there was something more, however, that caused Romney to appear to lose this election. I do not know how it was accomplished and I cannot prove it, but in my heart I believe that some of Mitt Romney’s votes were either not counted or not reported. How this was accomplished I have no idea, but when I hear Fox News analyst saying that Romney had fewer votes than John McCain had in 2008, I just smell something rotten.
- 2012 Presidential Campaign: Can Internet Advertising Influence This Election? (prweb.com)
- DID THIS DIRTY TRICK GET OBAMA RE-ELECTED? President didn’t win single state that required Voter ID (kleinonline.wnd.com)
- Video: Ole Miss Students Unhappy At Obama’s Re-Election (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)