Nelson Mandela is quoted as saying: “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Mandela is right, but this weapon can be used to destroy when a group has access to the educational process but chooses to indoctrinate rather than educate.
If you are a person who was born after 1970 and educated in public institutions, I recommend that you begin today learning some of the things that were not taught to you there. A good place to begin could be with Brian Vanyo’s book, The American Ideology.
If you prefer something on-line that cost nothing other than your time, try Hillsdale College’s Constitution 101 or 102 Course.
It may already be too late to save this generation, but whether this is true or not, today is the best day to begin to educate future generations or to hope for a restored future. What we have called “education” for the past 20-40 years has sometimes been an indoctrination process. This is true more for some schools than for others, but is especially true in high schools and colleges. Our children, and many younger adults are pitifully ignorant when it comes to why America has been a shining beacon to immigrants from all over the world. They do not understand why our poor have been among the richest people on earth or what it will take to continue these areas of exceptionalism. Many, like Barack Obama, do not believe that this country really is exceptional. Barack Obama and most who follow him have decided we are not a Christian nation. These same people do not understand why our acknowledging and worshiping Christ made a positive difference in America.
There are many other paths one could take, but these two would be good starting points to learn about your country.
For those who identify themselves as liberals and/or who hate conservatives I would suggest that you consider reading the book or taking the course anyway. When we ‘ignore’ what others have to say, we usually end up being ‘ignorant’.
- University Indoctrination Alive and Well After Obama Re-Election (townhall.com)
- Chicago Teachers Strategize on How to Indoctrinate Kids with Marxism (frontpagemag.com)
- Middle School Teacher Tells His Students That Conservative Voters Will Have Disappeared Ten Years From Now (jlue.wordpress.com)
- President Barack Obama invoked Mahatma Gandhi while seeking re-election (ndtv.com)
- Are we still a center right country? (americanlivewire.com)
- Barack Obama RIPPED By Bayonet Company — We’re Still Relevant, Dammit! (tmz.com)