Obama spoke before a room of his admirers to announce that he and Congress are near a “deal” to keep America from going over the ‘fiscal cliff’. The event had a surreal feeling. Obama had a group of people standing behind him who had no significance or purpose other than to admire him. He had a cocky, sarcastic demeanor. His attitude reminded me of a third world dictator, not a United States President. He bragged once about the fact that things would be done his way because he is going to be president for the next four years and the audience broke into applause. The audience should have been the press. Instead no one seemed to know who was there or how they were ‘chosen.’
Certainly many in the USA are enamored with this man. I am frightened by him. Never have we had a person like Barack Hussein Obama in the office of the presidency. He has none of the characteristics that have made other presidents great. The reasons I say this are listed below:
- He looks with disdain on those who do not follow him or agree with his philosophies and makes no attempt to unite the country.
- He is unwilling to listen to or look at the ideas of others regardless of how successful those others may have been.
- He doesn’t mind belittling those with whom he disagrees.
- He twist truth to fit his narrative and is willing to change facts to suit his own purposes. For example, he now talks of the tax cuts found in the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 as if he supported these cuts and is a firm supporter of the middle class, however, this isn’t the case. The National Taxpayers Union — an organization that “seeks to reduce government spending, cut taxes, and protect the rights of taxpayers” — gave Obama ratings of zero percent, 16 percent, and “F” in 2005, 2006, and 2007, respectively. He and other Democrats were against the tax relief bill when it was proposed by George Bush.
- Barack Obama for the most part refuses to hold Press Conferences. He surrounds himself with admirers and never answers to the public. His demeanor and use of executive order reminds me of dictators much more than that of American presidents who have always risen to the occasion and represented all Americans, that is until the year 2008.
If you are politically ignorant having not had a chance to learn the truth, you may think this is a great speech. If you know the truth, you will be, as I am, astonished by this speech. I cannot believe he has the nerve to say these things to the American people.
- The 5 worst things that Barack Obama did in 2012 (besides winning that election) (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- In your face, Republicans (legalinsurrection.com)