In 1776, we fought a Revolutionary War with England. Back then there was no income tax, only a consumption tax on items such as tea and stamps. Those who were doing well enough to afford tea and stamps had to pay taxes amounting to about 3% of a person’s income. In today’s America, Democrats are celebrating because, if they do well in life, those who represent them in Congress just raised their income tax to 40%. According to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, 77.1% of working Americans will now pay more taxes because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut.
Politicians will not cease to want higher taxes once the prosperous among us cease to be prosperous. When those who made $450,000 a year cease to exist, the tax man will come for those who make $350,000. When those making $350,000 cease to exist, the tax man will come for those making $250,000 and so it goes until the tax man comes for you. Will you dare ask what happens when there are no high wage earners? The answer is simple. Everyone who has been on entitlements without working at all will enter the work force. It has happened in other countries and will happen here. After all, Obama has already told you… America is not exceptional.
- Cliff Deal Won’t Help Most Americans (khq.com)
- Despite deal, taxes to rise for most Americans (kansascity.com)
- All about him: Obama wishes y’all Happy New Year with tax hike and pic of himself (twitchy.com)
- Make between $200,000 and $500,000? Congrats, you got the best ‘fiscal cliff’ deal! (washingtonpost.com)
- Ten Ways for Obama to Remake the World – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)