- Amendment I
- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Please note, superintendent Gabe Soumakian of Oxnard Union School District in CA, that the first amendment does not say we are to consider the person’s motivation before deciding whether a person will or will not be allowed to exercise these freedoms!!
Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game in this school district. The suspension was later rescinded, however, the incident is being investigated and those in power in that system are attempting to determine the “motivation” of the students before deciding if they will or will not be punished. Students were at a basketball game when this happened!
Who will speak out for these students? Our government grants them first amendment rights. We the people should rise up against this injustice.
- Students Told to Stop ‘USA!’ Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas (nationalreview.com)
- GLOBAL GOV: Students Told to Stop ‘USA!’ Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas [VIDEO] (secretsofthefed.com)
- Are Hispanic-Americans offended by chants of USA? (powerlineblog.com)
- Students Told to Remove Patriotic Bandanas (radio.foxnews.com)
- California Students Told To Stop ‘USA!’ Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas So As Not To Offend Mexicans (patdollard.com)
- America Is Dead: Students Told to Stop “USA!” Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas (amresolution.com)
- Unreal. High School Students Suspended for Chanting “USA, USA!” and Wearing Red, White & Blue Bandanas (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)