February is Black History Month and there are many blacks in our history with major accomplishments who are remembered at this time. What puzzles me, however, is why the black community will not recognize their own who have done well and are still around to receive the accolades that are due them or defend them when they are insulted?
Here is a very recent quote from Media Matters:
Dr. Benjamin Carson is the latest in a long line of black conservatives — from Clarence Thomas to Herman Cain — relentlessly promoted and propped up by right-wing voices in the media.
Dr. Benjamin Carson is a renowned surgeon who is a living legend. He actually overcame the odds and received fame and success in a segregated world while growing up in a single parent home. He deserves to be honored and recognized above just about any person I know who is living today and the group of political hacks who pretend that media matters to them have the nerve to say he is being “propped up”. Look at his accomplishments:
Clarence Thomas also grew up during segregation and he grew up in the deep south, yet has a career that puts most people to shame. Besides being appointed to the highest court in the land, also:
Thomas grew up in Savannah, Georgia and was educated at the College of the Holy Cross and at Yale Law School. In 1974, he was appointed an Assistant Attorney General in Missouri and subsequently practiced law there in the private sector. In 1979, he became a legislative assistant to Senator John Danforth (R-MO) and in 1981 was appointed Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education.
Herman Cain has been successful on three fronts: business, communications, and politically. It took a huge political machine to bring him down when he chose to run in the Republican primary as the Republican candidate.
Herman Cain’s Listen! You just might learn something! has been very successful.
There are two things they have in common. They are above average in intelligence and achievement and they are conservative. It is beyond my comprehension why the black community isn’t standing up for these people. When a liberal or progressive person of color is treated unfairly, the black community rallies around them, but the silence is deafening when a group such as Media Matters makes an insulting remark about any of the above.
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Speaks Out on Education and Success (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Ben Carson Speaks Out On Political Correctness (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Now Media Matters targets Ben Carson (wnd.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Puts Obama to Shame at National Prayer Breakfast (sgtreport.com)
- Dr Benjamin Carson – The Ben Carson Story (mypoliticalmusings.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson – America the Beautiful (pigpedigree.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Has His Say … (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Ben Carson’s Moment (mediamatters.org)
- Media Matters: Black conservative Dr. Ben Carson being relentlessly propped up by right-wing media (twitchy.com)
- Obama didn’t look happy during Dr Benjamin Carson’s Speech (grumpyelder.com)