The Resurrection of the Dead
On February 17, 1856 C. H. Spurgeon delivered a sermon called The Resurrection of the Dead at New Park Street Chapel church in Southwark. I suppose he would be surprised to know that the Lord had plans for that sermon to be posted on the internet and read by thousands or more by March 31, 2013.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time. 1 Corinthians 15: 3-8
Oswald Chambers wrote about how the Holy Spirit invades our lives once we recognize who Jesus is and receive Him and the power of His resurrection into our lives. His writings are available to us as well. His Resurrection Destiny
Billy Graham tells us that we worship a risen, living Savior, who has promised to give immortality to all who believe on His name: The Greatest News Ever Heard
My prayer is that God will bless and add many to His church this Resurrection Sunday!
- Happy Resurrection Sunday!! (spiritualsobriety.wordpress.com)
- Why the Resurrection Changes Everything (pjcockrell.wordpress.com)
- The Resurrection Matters (hillsbiblechurch.org)
- Resurrection of Christ (art.thewalters.org)
- Resurrection Sunday (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- The Necessity of our Lord’s Resurrection (graffitblog.wordpress.com)