Abortion ‘rights’ & Roe vs Wade had nothing to do with what happened in Gosnell’s abortion clinic. If you don’t believe this, just ask Planned Parenthood. Here is what they had to say:
“The jury has punished Kermit Gosnell for his appalling crimes. This verdict will ensure that no woman is victimized by Kermit Gosnell ever again.
“This case has made clear that we must have and enforce laws that protect access to safe and legal abortion, and we must reject misguided laws that would limit women’s options and force them to seek treatment from criminals like Kermit Gosnell.”
–Eric Ferrero, Planned Parenthood Federation of America Vice President for Communications
If you thought we already had those laws, perhaps this statement makes you feel a little weird. You may even feel as if you are walking around in up-side-down land. This is how you are supposed to feel.
You see, in up-side-down land you live as if what is true isn’t really true at all and everything is opposite of what it really is. You figure out how to feel and what to say as you go along and nothing makes a lot of sense. This is because the people who want to go on killing babies in the mother’s womb do not want to think about reality. They prefer to believe that these women had to go to Gosnell because their right to abortion was limited rather than admit abortion in every state in the U.S. is legal. Talk of back-room abortion is how they gained the right to kill the babies in the first place. If women are still dying and babies are actually being born alive when abortion is legal, the argument for legalizing abortion is out the window. They might have to acknowledge that killing the pre-born not only takes the life of the infant, it risks the life of the mother when it is legal. They might even conclude that this isn’t what they should be doing for a living.
Another sign we are in up-side-down land was the none mention of the other victim of Gosnell’s crimes. Planned Parenthood never mentioned the persons who were murdered. Kermit Gosnell is convicted of three counts of first degree murder and there is no mention of the person’s murdered. It would be awkward for an organization like “Planned” Parenthood to decide what to call this “person” when their actual ‘plan’ involves NOT becoming a parent and NOT ACKNOWLEDGING that a person exist. It is much more convenient to step into up-side-down land.
- Planned Parenthood Forget to Mention the Babies (independentsentinel.com)
- Evil: Planned Parenthood, NARAL use Gosnell verdict to demonize pro-lifers, justify abortion (twitchy.com)
- The Lethal Compassion of Modern Liberalism (commentarymagazine.com)
- Planned Parenthood Forgot to Mention the Babies (independentsentinel.com)
- READ: Planned Parenthood Releases Statement on Gosnell Verdict (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Kermit Gosnell found guilty in abortion trial: a victory for human rights that will shame many (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Colorado Decriminalizes Gosnell Abortion Methods – No Rights For Unborns (dcxposed.com)
- Planned Parenthood Knew About Gosnell Clinic’s Conditions – And Did Nothing (pjmedia.com)