1. The Church is the body of Christ and Jesus Christ is the head of the Church.
Warrior Creek Baptist Church in Laurens, SC
Land for original building was donated by Edward and Ann Garrett
And He put all things under His feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1: vs 22-23 *
2. Jesus Christ built and builds the Church. He built it on a rock foundation and death itself has no power over His Church.
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18
3. The way to become a part of the church is to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ and added by the Lord when His Spirit fills you.
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. Acts 20:28
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:..1 Corinthians 1:2
…praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:47
4. The Church is greatly loved by Christ and members are to submit to Jesus Christ:
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is Himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Ephesians 5:23-24
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed. Acts 14:23
5. The Church is to be concerned with members and not those outside, as far as judging and correcting is concerned.
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 1 Corinthians 5:12
6. God has a great purpose for the Church and He does His work through His church.
…so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. Ephesians 3:10
7. Christ remains involved with His Church throughout the church age and will reward those who are faithful. No organization, club, or group of any kind will take its place!
The verse below doesn’t directly address the Church, however, I found it while checking for verses that show the Church as the Bride of Christ. It interesting that even the Old Testament shows our God as the husband before Jesus Christ came to redeem us with His own blood.
For your Maker is your husband, the LORD (YHWH) of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called. Isaiah 54:5 ESV
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD (YHWH) of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5 KJV
- A Must Know Truth (christapoet.wordpress.com)
- The Church: Both Organism and Organization (5ptsalt.com)
- Grace (fivesixteenforfaith.wordpress.com)