THANKSGIVING – A TIME TO CELEBRATE
1. One great thing about Thanksgiving, it hasn’t been so commercialized as to take up the entire month with shopping and preparation, yet it still offers family and friends a chance to enjoy time together!
2. Another great thing about Thanksgiving is the wonderful opportunity we have to praise the One who really deserves all our praise and honor.
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalm 50:14-15
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:4
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
3. Thanksgiving is a chance to reflect upon our blessings and to enter into the Christmas season with grateful hearts as did the shepherds on the first Christmas.
And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them. Luke 2:20
4. Thanksgiving is a time to thank our Lord Jesus Christ for giving His life so that we might live.
It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:26-28
5. Thanksgiving reminds us to say a Thank You to all those who have prayed for us, taught us, loved us, cared for us, and impacted our lives for Jesus sake.
Thanks to all who have been instrumental in my life. Many of them are in heaven now. One name that stands out in my mind is the Reverend Howard Smallwood. If he were here today I would like to say, ” Thank you brother Smallwood.”
6. Thanksgiving reminds us of the example our Lord set for us:
And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would. John 6:11
7. Thanksgiving is a time to remember that we are to give thanks for everything in our lives and perhaps to reflect back upon how God has taken what has been perceived as bad in our lives and used it for good in some way.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
8. Thanksgiving is a time when we are able to teach our children about giving. What a wonderful time to not only teach little ones about giving thanks for what they have, but also about how to give.
As we approach this season of thanksgiving, I want to wish all my readers a very Happy Thanksgivings. Thank you for stopping by here occasionally.
- Thanksgiving Ideas Galore (auslanderkasindorfgroup.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving (rockinreagan.wordpress.com)
- Christmas countdown begins: What about Thanksgiving? (examiner.com)
- Thanksgiving Is coming up (veronicalmoguera.wordpress.com)