Jeff Stahcer, a political cartoonist, recently produced the cartoon called “History of Impeachment Pushes.” I found the cartoon to be quite interesting. Mr. Stahcer has a different recollection and perception, not only of history, but of the present. I believe his view is different from that which can be supported by historical facts and current events.
For example, Richard Nixon was impeached because he was determined to have “prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice” in the investigation of the break-in of Democratic National Committee headquarters in Washington D.C. See Articles of Impeachment Against Richard Nixon.
Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury, obstruction of justice, and abuse of power. See Articles of Impeachment Against Bill Clinton. (Stahcer got the lies part right.)
Somewhere, Mr. Stahcer has gotten the idea that all who call for Mr. Obama’s impeachment want him to be impeached because he was elected president. I believe a careful look at facts will show otherwise. For example:
1. Evidence has been reported by many sources of a Benghazi cover-up that reaches the White House.
2. Billions of tax dollars are being lost every day to waste, fraud and corruption in the federal government, but President Obama’s administration is blocking inspectors general — the officials who are most likely to find and expose such wrongdoing…
3. The IRS has been given broad powers under the Obama Administration which have been abused. Some evidence indicates Obama has been involved in this abuse. Certainly the Obama Administration has not been serious about investigating the IRS.
4. Personally, I believe the use of drones to spy on American citizens should be an impeachable offense.
5. Many other impeachable offenses by the Obama Administration may be found at Red Flag.
So, Mr. Jeff Stahcer, I was offended by your cartoon. I hope you understand why.