At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Hebrews 12:26-27
While the time spoken of in the above verse may not arrive in our lifetime, we can still take comfort in the fact that there are some “things that cannot be shaken.”
Whatever happens in this election, there are certain things that will remain.
- God’s love is unfailing.
- America once changed the world by introducing the concept that all men are created equal and endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights and that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- God remains faithful and His promises are true.
- The Bible is still true.
- Right is still right and wrong is still wrong.
- Jesus is Lord and He is coming again.
- The church of Jesus Christ will remain until the Lord’s return.
- There will be those who will stand-up and fight in the face of tyranny.
Sometimes, if one spends too much time listening to politicians and political rhetoric, it is easy to become cynical. I hope the truths listed here help us keep it all in perspective.