America has been an exceptional country because of the Constitution of the United States.
This document is unique and is itself exceptional. Without it, the slaves might not be free. Without it, many people throughout our history would have been afraid to speak against tyranny. The writing wasn’t easy and it wasn’t without strife, but there was one event that seems to have allowed our founding fathers to move forward: About five weeks into the Constitutional Convention of 1787 when the writers were attempting to draft the U. S. Constitution, their efforts were a signal failure. As things were beginning to break up and delegates return home to their states, Benjamin Franklin challenged the other members to pray.* This made all the difference!
We have had a few presidents who have been strong believers in Constitutional Government.
Today the Constitution is still the law of the land and for this reason it we need a president who will up-hold it.
We have a very special person who just might get on the ballot this year. He knows the Constitution. He has authored more than 80 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and argued 43 oral arguments, including nine before the U.S. Supreme Court. He successfully defended and won:
• U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas;
• The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms;
• The constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument;
• The constitutionality of the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance;
• The constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law; and
• The Texas congressional redistricting plan.
In a ‘right-side-up’ world, and not ‘up-side-down’ land, he would win a land-slide victory. His name is Ted Cruz! Perhaps, with prayer, we can right ourselves and begin to make a positive difference in the world.