ANSWER KEY for Quiz
1. YES There is always snow on Mt. Hermon.
3. YES He changed his mind when an angel visited him and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
4. NO We have no idea how many Magi came and they arrived much later, possibly two years later.
5. YES Swaddling a baby means wrapping the baby in blankets or strips of cloth to restrict movement. It fell out of favor during the 17th century, but recently hospitals and pediatricians are swaddling newborns.
6. NO The Bible only says, ‘there was no room for them in the inn.’
7. DR. SUESS
8. YES The identity of Jesus was given through Zechariah the prophet. Through Zechariah, God reminds us that in “That Day” when Christ reigns we will understand because … the LORD will be King over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be One and his name One. Zechariah 14:9
To answer the question we need only read:
Zechariah 11:11-13 So it was broken on that day, and thus the afflicted of the flock who were watching me realized that it was the word of the LORD. I said to them, “If it is good in your sight, give me my wages; but if not, never mind!” So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages. Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
9. Shepherds and an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and said, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”
10. YES – John 1:9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.