🎁 Merry Christmas 🎁
It happened in Bethlehem of Judea. Bethlehem today is a large city, but it was a small place when it happened.
The event changed the world forever. At the end of the post is a list of changes the world has seen because He was born.
How many people would know about Bethlehem had it not have been the city of David and if Caesar Augustus had not given an order that all the world should be taxed?
The world-changing event was the birth, but not just any birth. This birth was the birth of a baby conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, in a manager. The birth was announced by an angelic host to lowly shepherds who were considered unclean by the Pharisees. It was noted by Magi from the east and even the King of Judea.
Paul wrote, of this event:
1 Tim.3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
Here are a few of the changes that took place because of Christ:
1. In the 6th century, Dionysius Exiguus proposed to make the birth of Jesus the basis of the calendar…
2. The universal acceptance of heaven and resurrection after bodily death became reality after Jesus resurrection .
3. The Church, made up of the “called out ones” (Greek = ekklesia), or those regenerated, was born. This institution has brought positive change to the lives of millions.
4. The teaching that women are equal to men is now taught around the world.
5. In the Temple, the veil that separates the Most Holy Place was torn from top to bottom when Christ died, which meant people could approach Holy God in the name of Jesus and we now have the Holy Spirit with us.
6. For the first time, mankind began to understand that we are justified before God when we live by faith.
7. The idea that we are to love our enemies became widely accepted.
8. Conventional wisdom was turned up-side-down:
To become more prosperous give away some of what you have…
To be promoted to leadership become a servant to others…
Instead of cursing our enemies we should bless them…
Persecution for his sake is actually a blessing…
Good deeds done in private will see greater rewards than those done publicly…
9. Christ’s teachings have a positive impact on marriage and families.
Christianity exalted heterosexual monogamous love, which would provide the basis for a lasting and exclusive relationship between husband and wife, oriented toward the rearing of children. (Faith Facts: The Impact of Christianity)
10. The world celebrates Christmas.
2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us triumphantly as captives in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.
May God bless you this Christmas!