52 Bible Passages Teaching Jesus Christ is the Author of Life or Yahweh
Bible basis for belief in the Fullness of God or Godhead (Trinity)
YAHWEH (YHWH) IS GOD!
Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
JESUS IS GOD!
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD!
Acts 5:4 Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”
Below are fifty-two verses or passages in the Holy Bible that either state plainly or support the teaching that Jesus Christ is God who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of God the Father and who is coming again.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3
- John 1:14 – And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3
- (Jesus speaking) And now, Father, glorify Me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. John 17:5
- For by Him [Jesus] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16)
- But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions” (Hebrews 1:8–9).
- He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
- ) For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send Me. John 17:8
- “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. John 14:1
- Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know Me, Philip? Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. John 14: 8-9
- waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, (Titus 2:13).
- Isaiah 9:6 – For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- John 20:28 – And Thomas answered and said unto him, my Lord and my God.
- John 8:58 – Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23
- Revelation 1:8 – I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- 1 John 5:20 – And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, [even] in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
- Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
- John 1:3 – All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.
- Isaiah 44:24 – Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
who formed you from the womb:
“I am the LORD, who made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,
- Isaiah 7:14 – Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
- John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].
- Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshiped him.
- Isaiah 43:11 I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.
- Isaiah 42:08 I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. (See number 4)
- Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
- Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 – And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- John 5:18 – Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
- Matthew 28:18 – And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- Isaiah 44:6 – Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.
- Revelation 17:14 – These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.
- Revelation 2:8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.
- Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
- Hebrews 1:6 – And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 – The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ([The second [epistle] to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, [a city] of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.])
- 2 Samuel 22:47 “The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock,
and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation,; Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God (Also translated Rock); I know not any.
- 1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
- 2 Peter 1:1 To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
- John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.
- John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
- Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
- Matthew 28:20 “…lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
- 1 Timothy 6:15 “…the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;”
- Matthew 4:10 “Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshiped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. Matthew 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshiped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live. Matthew 28:8 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshiped him. John 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him.
- Revelation 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
- Psalm 96:12-13 Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD. For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with His truth. 2 Timothy 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:
- Isaiah 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
“I am the LORD your God,
Who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you by the way you should go. Hebrews 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
- He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:10.
- Peter, speaking to the men of Israel called Jesus the ‘Author of life’. He said, Acts 3: “14 But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 and you killed the Author of life, whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.”
Some translations capitalize all pronouns that refer to Yahweh and others do not. Whether pronouns appear here in capitals or do not appear in capitals has nothing to do with the meaning of the text. The antecedent of the pronoun determines if the pronoun refers to Yahweh, not whether or not it appears in capitals.